Defender 90/110 & Discovery 1 Front Wide Angled Propshaft Terrafirma
- ALLOW 1-2 DAYS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
- 14.00 KGS
Wide Angled Propshafts are necessary for vehicles fitted with very long travel suspension where on full axle drop out the original propshaft yoke will bind up straining the joints & ultimately locking the shaft solid, which in extreme cases can literally tear the shaft in half.
Lifting the vehicle by raising the suspension alters the propshaft angle which often causes severe vibration. Aggressive mud tyres, noisy engine and transmission and the slower speeds associated with hard core off road vehicles usually masks the vibration and drivers often tolerate the additional drone or rattle from the shafts on overrun. A more road biased lifted Land Rover will most likely find the noise and vibration too obtrusive and will be keen to rectify it.
Double cardan joints have two universal joints joined by an intermediate shaft, the joints are phased or synchronised with each overcomes the speeding up and slowing down of a single joint thus reducing vibration.
It is a common misconception that fitting a wide angle propshaft will cure vibrations caused by raised suspension. The cause of the vibration is the angle of the shaft in relation to its end flanges, fitting a wide angle shaft does not change these angles. The vibration may seem reduced but this will be coincidental with a new heavier shaft in perfect condition.
Wide angle propshafts are necessary for vehicles fitted with very long travel suspension where on full axle drop out the original propshaft yoke will bind up straining the joints and ultimately locking the shaft solid which in extreme cases can literary tear the shaft in half.
A 32 degree yoke and joint will accommodate typical long travel suspension set ups on Land Rover based chassis using up to 11" travel shocks.
- 20% stronger than standard Land Rover propshafts
- Double seal arrangement on slip coupling
- RILSAN coated 100mm spline slip coupling for smoother operation
- Metal shield greaseable universal joints
- 30 deg. wide angle yoke and joints
- Unique gun metal grey paint
- Product Type: Wide Angled Propshaft
- Colour: Black
- Vehicle Placement: Front
- Land Rover Defender 90 & 110 - 1994-2007, 300TDI, TD5 & V8 Petrol Models only, won't Fit the Puma's or Models Built Before 1994
- Land Rover Discovery 1 - 300TDI & V8 Petrol Models 1994-1998 Only
Land Rover Defender, Discovery 1